Updated April 27, 2021
Vacation rentals and other lodgings are open for all travel. Please take all precautions to minimize risk of exposure, including getting vaccinated prior to travel, traveling with groups within your bubble, staying home if you show symptoms, getting tested before traveling, and following local orders.
Please take a moment to understand the risk you are taking and responsibilities you assume when traveling during the pandemic. Latest coronavirus updates for Sonoma County
SAFE TRAVELING GUIDELINES:
- You are required to follow all local social distancing orders. This includes wearing a mask where required to do so and keeping 6 or more feet from others.
- Cancel or postpone your stay if you feel sick, or if you are experiencing any symptoms of Covid-19. We encourage visitors to get a Covid-19 test before traveling, and to take the temperature of everyone in your group before leaving for your trip.
- Notify Russian River Vacation Homes right away if anyone in your group tests positive for Coronavirus during or after your stay.
Our physical office will reopen for all visitors June 1st. In the meantime, if you need to visit our physical location, please make an appointment. We are available by phone and email daily, 9am to 5pm, and by phone 24 hours for during-stay issues that cannot wait until business hours.
During-stay maintenance apppointments are for issues that cannot wait. Be aware that outdoor vendors, such as spa cleaning companies and yard service, will do their best to visit between stays. However, if you are staying for longer than a week, you may see the service person at the property.
Cleaners use the CDC recommended list of effective supplies and procedures for disinfecting homes. The office has provided all cleaning and inspection vendors with PPE and CDC approved disinfectant.
Covid-19 Cancellation Policy:
The following cancellation policy applies to reservations made through April 30th, 2021
- Reservations cancelled more than 30 days from the arrival date will be refunded minus a 2% administration fee on the total booking value. Starting May 1st, our standard cancellation policy goes into effect and 50% of the rent is retained for cancellations 30 days or more prior to arrival. (For reservations made 30 days or more prior to arrival, there is a 48 hour grace period from making the reservation to cancel without penalty).
- Reservations cancelled within 30 days of the arrival date are subject to our standard cancellation penalty and the rental fee will be retained for any nights not rebooked.
- All Reservations for Any Reason can be moved or used as a credit toward any stay for one year from the arrival date (or through December 31st 2021, whichever date is later) and we will waive the change date fee, as long as we are notified in writing at least 7 days prior to arrival.
- Reservations can be moved to future dates through 2021 at the last minute free of charge, including the day of arrival, for the following circumstances: Guests who test positive for Covid-19 and provide documentation (this includes other confirmed guests in your group), future Sonoma County travel shut downs.
We are no longer offering outright cancellation refunds for Covid-19 related cancellations. The Covid-19 health crisis is now a foreseen event and travelers are now aware that Covid-19 can impact travel plans. Consider purchasing Travel Insurance, which covers some Covid-19-related reasons for cancellation.
This policy is for reservations made directly through riverhomes.com only. Reservations made on third party sites, including HomeAway, VRBO, Airbnb and Booking.com, are subject to the cancellation policy on the listing site used to make the reservation.
If you are visiting Sonoma County for an event, race, or festival, it is likely suspended or will be rescheduled for a later date. Check with the ticketing agency or event website for more information and we hope you’ll stay with us for the rescheduled event! We know many event organizers are also struggling to address concerns, so thank you for being patient.
We Appreciate Your Patience!
This is an unprecedented situation and we're constantly reacting to new information and changes in local and global policies. Thank you for working with us! We want you and your future visits to Sonoma County happy and healthy too! And a reminder that we are here for you and look forward to supporting your needs as the situation progresses. To reschedule your dates or if there is anything else we can help with, please reach out!
With Sonoma County on the state “watch list,” new restrictions are in effect until at least August 2nd.
Restaurants are only allowed to offer outdoor dining, delivery, take out, and curbside service. And nearly every restaurant is offering at least one or more of these options, but we recommend checking their website or calling for hours as they may change.
It’s confusing, so to clarify these are allowed:
- At restaurants: outdoor dining, takeout, and delivery.
- Wineries and tasting rooms: outdoor tastings without serving food.
- Bars, clubs, breweries, distilleries, etc.: outdoor service only with food service – must be in the same transaction.
Indoor activities that are not allowed:
- In restaurant dining.
- Wineries/tasting rooms.
- Bars, clubs, breweries, brewpubs, and distilleries.
- Movie theaters.
- Family entertainment centers (for example: bowling alleys, miniature golf, batting cages, and arcades).
- Zoos and museums.
- Cardrooms, casinos, betting.
- Worship services.
- Fitness centers/gyms.
- Personal care services (for example: hair salons, barbershops, nail salons, body waxing, and tattoo parlors).
- Shopping malls.
You can check for updates here.
There are multiple sites with lists of restaurants offering to-go and delivery, but we haven’t seen one that lists everything correctly. So, check the restaurant’s website and call first to be sure!
Thankfully, being outside is one of the safest places to be! Social distancing and wearing masks are required at local parks, beaches, and trails when more than one person or group is present.
Beaches & Boat Rentals:
Johnson’s Beach is limiting group sizes and the total number of guests at the beach, so reservations are required. They are renting boats and equipment with additional safety protocols. Visit their website for additional information.
Monte Rio Beach is open and rentals are available.
Neighborhood Beaches are “open” but we ask that guests be especially considerate of other beach visitors and wear masks and leave space between groupings.
State Beaches (Sonoma Coast) are currently open. Details available here.
Sonoma County Regional Parks & Beaches are open with some facilities closed. Details available here. Parking lots are closed once they reach capacity.
King’s Sport & Tackle in Guerneville is renting boats and standup paddleboards, delivering to vacation homes, and shuttling small groups/drivers only. Rates and tour information available on their website.
WaterTreks EcoTours in Jenner is renting boats and offering tours by appointment only. Additional information is available on their website.
Parks & Recreation Areas:
Hiking, walking the dog, and generally exploring are some of our favorite activities, and here are a few of our favorite places to do them. Check the links for each to see the specific rules at each park and updates as they happen.
Armstrong Woods State Natural Recreation Area is open for individuals and small groups. Details available here.
Austin Creek State Recreation Area is open for individuals and small groups, but the picnic area is closed. Details available here.
Sonoma County Regional Parks & Beaches are open with some facilities closed. Details available here. Parking lots close once they reach capacity.
Sonoma County created a website with a number of resources and guidelines. You may find it useful for planning your trip.
Safe Travels Promise:
For your safety and that of the community you’re visiting, we ask all guests to read and follow the Safe Travel Promise. It was written by Sonoma County officials and travel organizations. It’s available here and posted in each vacation home. We want you safe and healthy for many years to come!
“What’s Open” section updated 7/17/20.